Monday, July 9, 2007

A bit late yet right on time

Current Weight: 175...ish

I didn't post on friday because I was lazy and didn't want to.
But, as of this morning, I've hit my 10lb-marker. w00t.

A cool side-note: I'm making hand-made hiragana and katakana flashcards for myself. Apparently the Japanese class on campus is super hard and it goes pretty fast, soooo in my attempt to get all As this coming semester, I'm determined to have complete memorization of the standard hiragana and katakana as well as a few of the beginning kanji. The cards take FOREVER to make. As in, I worked about seven to eight hours on them on friday and I didn't even finish the first syllabary. I have since completed the hiragana, though. I just need to start the katakana, which I will probably do later this week. (Class projects are probably going to interfere for a few days, that and I don't like the look of katakana so I will most definitely drag my feet on this one)

In other news, my mom and I are going to be traveling to San Francisco in a few weeks. I'm excited. I have a friend who lives out there that I haven't met yet (ah, the beautiful era of cyber-friendship). He's a pretty swell guy, so hopefully he'll be able to squeeze me in while I'm out there.
I'm also excited because I'll finally be able to satisfy my annoyingly incessant desire for miso ramen and GOOD gyoza. There is a very obvious deficiency of these two lovely food items in the Midwest. It is so very annoying, for I love it so.

And I was going to type more, but I'm pretty sleepy. That, and I'm fighting off a wimpy cough that I seem to have acquired from a friend of mine. >.<

Sooooo, I'm going to go take a nap.

No comments: