Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pancake Tease

Remember my promise of pancake pictures? Well, apparently I'm a wanton liar.

In all reality, I just haven't made them since my boyfriend left. (side-note: he came to visit me a week or so ago, stayed for a week, then flew back to Californicationland). I made them for us while he was here, but forgot to take pictures. But, take my word for it: they're delicious.

Current weight? Ha ha no. Not even gonna talk about that. But I did go the gym today and, if the LifeFitness elliptical is to be trusted, I burned 420 calories in 45 minutes. Usually I burn around 460 in 45, according to the other elliptical I use more often. This one, though, had the arm-mover things, so I used them a lot more and it was unexpectedly tiring. In a good way, though.

A minor Rant:
While on the subject of exercise equipment, I have to say that I'm apparently incapable of effectively using the heart rate sensors on elliptical machines. No matter how I hold on to them, they always fail to register a possible heart rate. Most times, it reads that my heart rate is somewhere between 62 and 89. I'm entirely serious here. It's utterly ridiculous. I KNOW my heart rate is more elevated than that. And yet only once in awhile will it get it right.

And now for a more involved Rant:
Wrigley's has a relatively new commercial out. You might have seen it. The commercial basically claims that gum is a snack. I'm sorry, but it's not. And that commercial just makes me want to punch someone in the face-- namely the people who thought it was a good idea.
I realize that gum can help curb appetite...but it's not a snack. A snack is like fruit or a snack bag of popcorn. Not gum. Not ever gum.

Hmn...my original anger about that has apparently subsided because I was sure I could squeeze out enough hate to fill a page. Then again, it has been at least four hours since I saw that commercial last. BLEH. I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL.
There. That was a little more satisfying. And I even got the accompanying visual of my own head exploding.

Ah, balance in the universe is restored.

No comments: