Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Resolution; My Goal

Current Weight: 171

Well, I got busy again, obviously, but that changes today. I already went to the gym for about an hours' worth of a work-out, and it was refreshing. Classes are done with until the 17th and so I'm going to be using my time wisely.

Since I'm planning on spending 5 weeks in Japan this summer, my goal and resolution for this year is to reach 140 lbs by July-- before I leave for the Land of the Rising Sun.

I don't really think I'll have that much trouble hitting my goal. I eat well enough-- not much fat, and usually not that much sugar-- which is a bonus for me. I'm thankful that my problem is just based mainly on activity...or lack thereof.

Anyway. My short-term goal is to lose about 15 pounds by my birthday on the 15th of February. 15 by the 15th. Easy way to remember it. If I could do that, I'd be very close to what I was in the middle of my freshman year of college back in '05. And that would make me very very content with myself. I have a feeling it would also boost me to try for 135lbs as my final long-term goal.

But I'm realistic here. I would never stoop to starving myself or anything like that. I simply want to be healthy for my height and body type. That's what is most important. I want to be slender to my satisfaction-- which, it would be wise to note that my idea of slender is NOT the slender of today's media.

If I could get down to a size 8, I think I could be pretty well satisfied with myself...maybe even a 6. But I would never go for lower. My hips are too wide for that. And I'm just fine with that aspect of me. I love my body shape; I just want to be able to show it off the way I think I should. I want to be soft and feminine-- not so thin that I'm bony. That's not sexy in the least.

So these are my goals for this year.


I'll be posting more later, and that's a guarantee.

No comments: